Monday, May 26, 2008

I Am in a Dilemma! (please read, need opinions)

My school records show that my name is spelled as CARLOMER T. CAMANNONG.

My birth certificate says my name is CARLOMER T. CAMANONG.



Now here's my dilemma. If I stick with what I have been using in my school records and other identification cards, I will be encountering much fuss in the future. For one, I will be taking the board exams and obviously, they will use the spelling in my birth certificate. Thus, there will be inconsistencies in my records. Actually, my passport is spelled with a single N, and the spelling in all my other IDs are inconsistent with it.

On the other hand, if I change my family name to a single N, it would be as if I'm not part of the double N family. As for inheritance issues, there's no point of worry since there's not much material things that I would inherit from my parents (hahaha!) except what I've got now -- good genes! LOL!

So guys, I need your opinions. Should I change? Should I stick to the wrong spelling? WHY? If you have background (i.e. legal matters, same experience, etc), please do share. :-)

THANKS a lot!


p.s. Nakasulat sa mga Jayross buses, "to our valued passengers: iingatan po namin kayo. T.Y. so much po!" hahaha!

1 comment:

misakichan said...

i think you should stick to double N because that's your real family name.

i think you should get an affidavit from a lawyer stating that there is a typo in your birth certificate, and that mr carlomer camannong and mr carlomer camanong are one and the same person.

you should do that now so that you won't have difficulties in the future esp when you apply for board exams.

God bless!